Feeling unhappy? Do what you love + 6 Keys to Happiness!

/
0 Comments
Honestly, internship has been wearing me out, especially with the irregular work hours in the media industry. Filming from early mornings when the sun has not even risen to when it's already pitch dark at night.

"How are you?" "Press on." are some words of concern that I have received over the past few months. And my replies would usually be, " I am dead..................beat". 

I haven't got a chance to do the things I love. I am not saying that internship has stripped off my freedom and gotten the whole of my life, but just that... Even if I have some spare time on my hands, I would rather sleep in than hang out. Sorry to isolate myself in my own world!

IS THIS YOU?  ARE YOU WORN OUT & UNHAPPY?
                                                                If YES, CONTINUE READING!



Just some time back, at the train station, a guy came up and struck a conversation. One of the questions he asked me was "What is your hobby?" It's such an easy question to answer, ain't it? But I was stumped and didn't know how to reply. I almost answered, "Sleeping", but ended up saying "Reading"! HAHAHA. What a boring person I am -.-|||. Sorry.. And it's a fact that I love reading.

Anyway, the main point of my post today is... to get YOU to ask yourself this

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU LOVE TO DO? WHAT CAN HELP YOU TO DESTRESS? HOW LONG AGO WAS IT EVER SINCE YOU DID SOMETHING YOU LIKE? 

Give these questions a serious thought. Do it tomorrow or even better, immediately. Trust me, it will make you so much happier. Because just a two weeks back, I got reminded of my love for running. (Thank You! ^_^) So off I went for a really short run, bought lots of bread, coke, magazine to pamper myself and I feel so much relaxed now! 


Anyway, just 6 tips on ways to boost your happiness level:


#1: Hang out with your family and friends.

It was stated that when on their deathbed, people wished that they had stayed in touch with their friends. So yes, stop being a lazy bum! Hang out more with those whom you hold close to your heart and cherish each moments with them! It doesn't have to been partying always; a short catch-up after a long day at work over some dinner is great as well.


#2: Be Grateful.

Many a times, I find myself being really greedy and nothing ever seems enough. This makes me feel that life is unfair. Let's face it. Nothing is fair. We just have to think from a good perspective. Ask yourself, "What am I grateful for?" For me (I believe, for all), it's simple. I am grateful to be still alive every day. Do you know? As you are reading this, with each second that passes by, an estimation of 1.8 humans die. Be thankful for your life- To be able to wake up daily and work towards our dreams is a blessing.



#3: Be Decisive. 

"Hmm...What should I do?" " What should I get?" "How?!"
             
          Ditch these questions, you worrywart. Don't fret.

Do you know? When you hesitate, the prefrontal cortex in the parietal lobe remains unactivated, causing you to feel apprehensive, nervous and tensed up. So yes, make up your decision when you are shopping, girls! (Haha) Nah, just follow your heart!



#4: Hug. 

Who doesn't love hugs? Hands-down.
A hug makes you feel loved and wanted. It gives you a sense of security and so, it makes you happy.
In other words, it's called the power of touch.

Scientifically, oxytocin is released/increased when we hug. This leads to a you feeling more positive, calm and secure. It also has beneficial effects on your heart health.

What are you waiting for?  Go give a warm hug!



#5: Give more. Help others. Say Thank You.

                                 

I love giving a lot! You never know.. Sometimes, the satisfaction upon seeing a stranger's face lit up after you have helped them is really really priceless. It makes you even happier. Donating some money for charity, helping the elderly to cross the road or even, saying a word of thanks to the bus drivers are some of the little acts of appreciation that you can show them.
Believe me, you will feel happier.


#6: Look at the mirror and smile.

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." I can't agree more to this.
Apparently, there is something called the facial feedback hypothesis. Even if you are upset or angry, as long as you force yourself to smile, it will lift up your mood. Thus, smiling is the way to go even if those swear words at spilling out of your mouth when you are all angst up. (P/s: This is the reason why I love to take selfies too! OPPS)








XOXO,
Cherrie 




You may also like

No comments: